Workplan Outline for Digital Library Service Registry Workshop
The workplan is intended to outline a set of deliverables, which will define a series of activities, and a timeline for initiating the activities and producing the deliverables.
NOTE: Make sure there are recommendations in each section which recommends doing stuff (IV - VIII)
NOTE: Make sure we identify how we disseminate the information out
I. Problem Statement (IMPORTANT)
- Stimulate meaningful thought about the problem
- Relate to NSDL and in general sense
- What has already been done
III. How to think about the problem - strategies for action
IV. Services utilizing a Digital Library Service Registry
- Use cases
- Analysis of use cases (looking at the questions associated with each use case, gaps)
V. Building of initial registry-aware applications (stitching together some initial services) (short-term)
- Analysis of application implementation
- New Use Cases
VI. Report of Landscape of Issues
VII. Standard Service Registry Actions (Developing an information and action model for regisitries)
- What are the information objects in a service registry?
- What are the types of things you can do with those information objects?
VIII. Implementor's Workshop
- Provide formal framework for implementations
IX. What's Next (ex. Developing based on formal model, experiments, etc.)
XI. Recommendations for Funding