The President is responsible for the meetings of the Association, including developing the agenda and program, arranging the meeting location, and publicity. The President officiates at all meetings. The President also communicates the Association’s positions on library and campus issues in appropriate forums outside the library, although s/he may choose a designate for such a role if necessary.
The Past President is responsible for serving as a mentor to the President; attending LAMP meetings as an LFA representative and reporting back to the LFA president and members as is relevant; chairing the President nomination committee.
The Seminar Series/Research Presentation Coordinator has overall responsibility for programming, publicity and site arrangements for the seminar series and research presentations.
The Research and Writing Coordinator acts as a liaison between those needing advice and critique and those capable of giving it. The Research and Writing Coordinator arranges for meetings.
The Mentoring Program Coordinator oversees the process and assessment of the LFA Mentoring Program.
The LFA Scholarship Coordinator is responsible to
- oversee an annual report of scholarship produced by faculty and staff at OSULP;
- work with the Promotion & Tenure Committee, to coordinate an annual review of the Library Promotion & Tenure Scholarship Guidelines, taking care to ensure alignment with any changes occurring at OSU’s Faculty Senate;
- advocate to library faculty to adopt sound scholarly practices that promote their work (such as establishing an ORCiD account http://orcid.org/);
- ensure library faculty know to deposit their scholarly and creative outputs to ScholarsArchive@OSU (reminds faculty to deposit, shows them how to, etc.)
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for:
- taking minutes at LFA meetings (or finding a proxy as needed)
- making sure that LFA documents are organized and updated on the wiki or on other shared LFA spaces as needed
- promotional activities - work with Marketing Coordinator to get LFA positions out to the Oregon State University community.